Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm pretty bored. But, luckily, the future is now. Or, alternatively, later!

Today was the last performance of La Ronde, the last play I'll ever act in at the Merrick Barn here at Johns Hopkins. It was a lot of fun, blah blah blah, and now I'm a little sad. Aw. The point is that one of my friends who came to see it today described the experience as follows:

"Woah. This play is just watching my acquaintances and friends simulate sex."

I maintain that there was more going on there. But, to be totally honest, there might not have been all that much else going on. WHO KNOWS? Anyway, back in 1950 Max Ophüls directed a film version of the play. This is "The Actress and The Count." In the play, I played the Actress. In the movie, the part is played by Isa Miranda, who is a stone cold fox. But, hey, I have my charms too, right? Uh, right?

No comments: